10.03.2013

What the HK is on Viki's Needles?

It's amazing how much more knitting I can get done when the kids are back in school. Well, that's not true exactly. I did knit a lot over the summer, but it was mostly just plain socks. Nothing that required concentration.

Now I can concentrate on charts and more detailed patterns. Which turns out to be wonderful timing as our current knitalong on Ravelry is focusing on cables and those take a bit more attention than a plain sock - at least for me they do.

I've already completed two cabled projects as part of the KAL and I'm working away on a third. This may turn out to be my most productive KAL yet. 

The first project I finished was this sweet little Sunnyside cardigan (size 3-6 months). It's knit in Artisan Sock in a Rogue orange. It is such a bright and cheerful little sweater. 


The second project was another pair of Business Casual socks. This is my third pair knit from this pattern. I don't usually repeat sock patterns but this one has me in its grip. I knit this pair in Artisan Sock in the club colour Land of Sweets.


With those two projects out of the way, I'm starting to make some progress on my third KAL project, these BFF socks in Artisan Sock in the club colour By the Seashore. These are going to be so pretty!


The trick to getting those socks finished though will be to not get too distracted by my newest project. Which might be difficult.

On October 1st, I cast on for a pair of Mystery Mittens as part of a KAL being hosted in the I Make Mittens group on Ravelry. Each week for four weeks a different section of the pattern will be released. This week it was the cuff and so far this pattern looks like it will be stunning. The pattern is designed by one of our former featured KAL designers, Rosehiver and is called Quarternity. I'm knitting my mittens in Artisan Sock in Orchid and Stick o'Butter.


You never know what you might end up with doing a mystery KAL, but I have complete faith in Rosehiver and know I am going to end up with a stunning pair of mittens in the end. I've already learned how to do a Latvian braid - something I've admired from afar before and never attempted.  I wonder what we will be doing next?

Check out the KALs and join in. It's always fun to knitalong with a group.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home